Overindulged? Reset Your System and Get Back on Track. Fast!
Living fit for more than 20+ years these are some of my wellbeing go-to’s. Whether it’s coming back from travel, being out of my daily routine, vacations, or long-haul flights. I’ll do these 2 Key fail-safe steps to reset my system and get the body back to functioning optimally.
These tips will also help if you’ve overindulged on calorie-rich food, sweet treats or alcohol during the holidays.
“Biologically our bodies aren’t designed to run optimally when we are feeding it all the time.”
Constant Grazing and the Myth(1)(2) of 6 Small Meals a day
If we overeat, snack, eat too frequently or slip into all-day grazing eating habits the body’s processing system will tend to run on a go-slow i.e.
- Water retention
- Poor digestion
- Even mood swings can occur.
As of writing, current research has found that the body’s biological repair and rejuvenation processes take place when your body isn’t busy processing food.
Some of these benefits include:
- A reduced risk of diabetes and heart disease
- Improved mitochondrial function (your body’s ability to burn fat as a fuel source)
- Autophagy (cellular cleansing) reduces cellular damage that drives aging and disease
- Gene repair and a slowing of the aging process – look hotter for longer!
- Reduced risk of cancer
- Promotion of human growth hormone (HGH) which is also a fat-burning hormone.
Hopefully, these tips will help you to get back into your wellbeing zone. Fast!
Be sure to check out more fitness and mindset tips on the blog.
Thank you for watching!
Want More Tips Like These?
|GET ON THE LIST|
|Safe one-click unsubscribe|
- A Periodic Diet that Mimics Fasting Promotes Multi-System Regeneration, Enhanced Cognitive Performance, and Healthspan
- Peak Fasting — How Long Should You Intermittently Fast?
- (1) Thermogenesis in humans after varying meal time frequency
- (2) Increased meal frequency does not promote greater weight loss
RELATED: My Intermittent Fasting Routine
Disclaimer: This content is For Educational and Informational Purposes Only. Not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition, disease or illness. Not a Substitute for or to replace Medical Advice. Consult Your Physician or Health Care Provider any time you plan to make changes to your diet, eating or exercise patterns. No Affiliation to any products mentioned or used in this content.