Short on Time?
This is one of my favorite go-to combos ideal if you want to get in a quick upper body session or to add as a nice finisher to your chest weight-training routine. It’s also a good combo to tax the whole body and an excellent all-over body strengthener.
It gets the heart rate up and works the chest, and secondary body parts like the shoulders (front delts), and biceps. Engages the glutes and quads (keep the bodyline tight and right) and is great for the core (the front and back line of the body) as well as core compression strength.
Remember that the core starts from your neck down to your hips (front and back) it’s not just the superficial “abs” section of the body
Perform about 8 sets. The rep range will tend to be low.
Remember to “always” work within your range, level of ability, strength, mobility, and flexibility. Your joints, connective tissues, and muscles will serve you best if you do.
- Here my wrists and elbows are already warmed from the chest work, however, if you’re starting fresh be sure to warm up your joints and working muscles pay attention to your wrists, elbows, and shoulders
- Breathe and keep your core tight and right i.e. midsection is drawn in and pelvic floor is lifted – no pouching or sagging in the lower back (an indicator of a weak core)
- L-SITS: Here I’m using 20lbs dumbbells as lifters to set up the drill. Starting out with straight-leg holds (holding for time) and then knee kicks (upon fatigue)
- It’s a fairly taxing drill for the triceps and core – you won’t need many reps to reach failure, but your arms will be fatigued. Use strict form and gently come out of the hold before your muscles begin to shake
- CHEST: As you begin to fatigue, drop to your knees but keep the focus on your chest muscles.
- You want the chest muscle group doing most of the work, not the shoulders. However, as you fatigue, they’ll tend to kick in too. This is where having a strong mind-muscle connection will keep the quality in your training efforts i.e. working your muscles fully with controlled form, even though they are taxed.
Happy fitness fun!
Get thoughtful insights
Remember to sign-up to get actionable self-coaching techniques for mindset optimization, thought-feeling management, as well as fitness, well-being, and lifestyle tools for a strong mind-body life.
PS: have questions? Let me know and I’ll do a video Q n A for you.
Established in 2006 Bianca Te Rito, founder of STEBIAN.com provides an exclusive, consulting service for business thought leaders, speakers, best-selling authors, and VIPs to help them present themselves, their products, services, or brand message to their target audience in the most effective way possible on video. Bianca has coached award-winning business authors and speakers (including one of the top 50 business thought leaders in the USA). In addition to her business background, Bianca has over 20 years of experience working in front of and behind the camera. As a TV/Film screen actor, video presenter, host, published fitness model, and skilled spokesperson.
Disclaimer: This content is For Educational and Informational Purposes Only. Not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any condition, disease, or illness. Not a Substitute for or to replace Medical Advice. Consult Your Physician or Health Care Provider any time you plan to make changes to your diet, eating, or exercise patterns. No Affiliation to any products mentioned or used in this content.