All in One! Front and Backline Drill
These Thoracic band pulls are super taxing, but fun to do. They work the front and back line of the body and get the heart rate up.
Excellent for mobility and creating stability in the shoulders, lats, tris, chest, and hips. Also great for improving posture and the upper-back position for squat work.
This drill strengthens the backline of the body and improves posture around the shoulders, mid-back, and spine. As well as strengthening the glutes, and hamstrings.
- Use a strong moderate to strong resistance band (in the demo I’m using 60lbs)
- When moving into the position, ensure that your shoulders are thoroughly warmed up
- Avoid yanking or rebounding against the band
- The movement should feel more like a curl backward and up towards the ceiling, leading with the hands, head, upper back, and belly. The lower back should gently follow but not arch up. This is not a lower back exercise – it’s an upper back movement
- Press the hips into the ground, while contracting the glutes and hamstrings. The hamstrings may cramp a little until they are used to the movement
- Work within your range at all times and progress in a smooth but deliberate manner
- As you become used to the movement, attempt to hold at the top position for a breath count of 5 – you’ll be breathing hard until you build up endurance.
If you haven’t the range in the shoulders (yet) to get into the start position, or if you have tight lats, chest, and tris you’ll find it difficult to get the full range stretch when raising the arms overhead. Practice the deep front line stretch shown in the Video. It’s a good lat stretch to help with overhead movements.
As always work within your range and use slow controlled movement at all times.
For more Lifestyle, Fitness, and Well-being tips for a strong mind, strong body, and strong life – sign-up below.
Get short, but powerful tools, techniques, and resources for a
|Safe one-click unsubscribe|
Established in 2006 Bianca Te Rito, founder of STEBIAN.com provides an exclusive, consulting service for business thought leaders, speakers, best-selling authors, and VIPs to help them present themselves, their products, services, or brand message to their target audience in the most effective way possible on video. Bianca has coached award-winning business authors and speakers (including one of the top 50 business thought leaders in the USA). In addition to her business background, Bianca has over 20 years of experience working in front of and behind the camera. As a TV/Film screen actor, video presenter, host, published fitness model, and skilled spokesperson.
Disclaimer: This content is For Educational and Informational Purposes Only. Not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any condition, disease, or illness. Not a Substitute for or to replace Medical Advice. Consult Your Physician or Health Care Provider any time you plan to make changes to your diet, eating, or exercise patterns. No Affiliation to any products mentioned or used in this content.